10 Questions To Ask Your Builder
The Brick and Stone Process
How Do I Go About Getting Brick and Stone on My Home?
What Brick & Stone Will Do For You
There are many very important decisions that enter into building a new home. One of the most important is the use of quality materials on the exterior. The choice you make is something that you will have to be happy with for a long time and so do not rush into it. Things to consider will be energy efficiency, maintenance required, value for dollars spent and of course looks. There are not very many homes where brick and stone do not enhance the look and appeal of a new home. The security and energy efficiency of brick and stone cannot be matched by vinyl or cement siding. Drive around neighborhoods in the area where you are considering a new home and see where and how brick is being used. Once you have decided on where and how much brick you wish on your new home meet with your builder and inform him of your decision. The builder will then price out for you your various options. NEGOTIATE HARD for the best price on your brick home and remember that on a 20 to 30 year loan brick and stone may only cost another $50-$75 per month.
Top 10 Questions to ask Your Builder about Brick & Stone
1. Do you offer brick and stone options on your homes?
2. Do you offer real brick fireplaces and chimneys?
3. What samples can you provide me to assist in selections?
4. How do I know I am getting full credit for omitting vinyl siding and using brick or stone?
5. Is my cost per square foot reduced if I do all 4 sides of my new home in brick?
6. May I hire my own brick contractor to do my masonry on my home after you credit the siding?
7. What suppliers do you use for brick and stone if I want to see more samples?
8. Do you mark up brick and stone at the same rate as other options and how much?
9. Will you use high quality Union Masons on my new home?
10. Will you itemize my brick options?